The Museum of Faculty of Law has recently opened
The Patriarch Irinej and the Dean Professor Dr. Mirko Vasiljevic have opened the Museum of the University of Belgrade Faculty of Law. According to the Professor Dr. Mirko Vasiljevic's opening speech, it is like “a diary of its past two decades”. Patriarch Irinej referred to this Museum as “the museum of the legal awareness and mission”, the main role of which is going to be to preserve the past for the future generations and to present them with “the history, effort and work of all involved in establishing the legal system and order". The Patriarch's speech emphasized that the Faculty of Law is not based merely on the days of Dositej Obradovic but also of Saint Sava and Nomocanon, namely Tsar Dusan's times and Dusan's Code, being the first legal documents.
The Museum exhibition presents us with the foundation and development of the Faculty of Law from 1808 until now. It has been made possible through the dedicated work of lead author Ozarija Markovic Lasic and the Faculty of Law enthusiastic team, together with the generous professional support of the Archive of Serbia, under the management of its director Miroslav Perisic.